I can talk with the same passion about Star Wars than about how to analyze and decompose a complex problem into a simple architecture. I started coding when I was 11 years old, and gave my first conference talk on secure web applications development when I was 17.
I’m a strong advocate for code quality and better engineering practices, but capable of undertanding and influencing the business priorities, balancing the diverse trade-offs at different stages of a project.
I’m learning how to broaden my impact in the company by creating a strong team culture, improving the workflows and processes and finding ways to share my experience.
- Bootstrapped a new engineering team, defining the SDLC, guidelines, workflows, oncalls and incident review processes.
- Transformed an old, unmaintained product into a modern codebase, infrastructure, monitoring, deployments.
- Brought from an idea to production multiple new support and review tools, both internal and external, leading multiple technical decisions and cross functional communications.
- Supported, fixed and handled external communications for bugs and incidents on Facebook public APIs.
- Technical referent in the team for System Design, Data Models and Backend decisions.
- Interviewer, new hire mentor, one of the most active code reviewers in the org.
Bunq defines itself as an “IT startup with a banking license”, and is the leading dutch challenger bank / fintech startup.
- Worked on the architecture of several different projects across the core banking platform and api layers.
- Project owner for several projects, such as the billing and testing frameworks.
Engineering outsourcing and consulting. Worked for several clients, on a wide range of methodologies and technologies. Some clients I worked for were:
- Univision, the largest spanish language broadcasting channel in North America, worked in the Core development team, as a full-stack developer, in applications that mixed PHP (Zend Framework) and Java (SPRING/JBOSS/Maven).
- Autodesk, developing a platform to track UX studies results.
- GraphScience, a PHP based platform for Facebook ads bidding optimization and management. Extensive use of the Facebook APIs. Developed new modules using CodeIgniter, MySQL, MongoDB, Gearman, Memcached and Amazon AWS.
Latin Americas leader online travel agency.
- Worked in the SEO team, developing marketing oriented sites and landing pages high-traffic landing pages with PHP, MySQL, Redis and MongoDB among other technologies, being responsible for platform and technical strategy decisions.
- Developed a platform that automated one of the world biggest AdWords campaign at the moment, working in close contacts with Google’s partner engineers.
- Referent of the team for cross functional work; managing the requests, guidelines and requirements to and from other areas of the company.
- Server configuration
- New technologies research
- Presented Internal technical training